Thursday, May 19, 2011

Winston

I haven't been able to get Winston off my mind lately. Next month it will be 1 year since he died. Sometimes it seems like forever and other times like it was yesterday. I know we are sometimes silly about our puppies and Winston but they work their way into our hearts and become family.

I miss Jared, Veronica, Max and Jack very much. Seeing Jack running in a 5 second video shows just how much he has changed since Dec. Max has grown so much and even began loosing teeth! How fast time flies.

Patrick and Shannon are great to bring Keira and Keagan down as often as possible to visit and be with us. Keagan has become a handful that makes me laugh! Keira loves to cook with grandpa and is always making or finding things she hopes will be make me smile. I love her cards and pictures and the rocks she has been finding for me of late. Keira made me a Yorkie blanket for when I need a little warmth and she isn't here for a hug. ( Shannon no more aerials!!!)

Christi and Eric are great! Christi calls often and Eric was so sweet to buy Terry some awesome flashlights when Terry mentioned he needed one. Also thanks for the flowers! They are settling into their home and Eric has been working hard in his yard. I can't wait to see it.

Kyli, Abbey and Riley spent the night with us last Sat. and we had a blast playing cards and the game of Life. Abbey helped grandpa make Sunday dinner and it was awesome. They are great and resilient kids. Kyli is a beautiful young woman and both Kyli and Abbey are wonderful dancers. I can't wait to see Riley in action in one of his baseball games. Angi has come over several times after work and it has been nice talking with her.

Patrick, Angi and Jared have all started working in new positions and all sound happy.

Lily and Oliver are 10 months old now and I swear they act like 2 year olds. If you aren't watching them they get into mischief. Oliver jumps up onto everything and chews on whatever he finds including DVDs and Terry's potted flowers. Lily is Lily! Her favorite game is to chase Oliver as fast as she can around the backyard barking! I worry about neighbors getting tired of hearing her but what the hell I hear their kids laughing and playing too. She is not a jumper but whines and barks for us to put her up on our bed. We are trying to get her to sleep in her bed but she usually wears us down and ends up on it anyway. They are socially inept but are learning to play with toys and fetch balls with lots of help from Abbey and Riley. We still can't believe Winston is gone and we have TWO other puppies in our lives. Holy shit I still wonder what we were thinking. But they do make us laugh.

So I guess I am saying life is moving on quickly and lots of changes are happening in all of my families lives. I hope everyone is on the paths of life they want and all can enjoy their lives and kids on each and every day of their journeys. We love you all so much.

No comments: